My First Ipsy Glam Bag
My First Ipsy Glam Bag
I just got my very first Ipsy Glam Bag recently and I’m excited to finally review this bag. As someone who likes to have a pretty small footprint (financial, belongings, etc.), I was initially skeptical of subscription boxes. My friend Manda from Calendar Girl Cosmetics convinced me that I should give the Ipsy Glam Bag a try. It’s only $10 a month and allows for a lot of customization for fewer throw/giveaways. I was excited to finally get off the wait list and try it out. I have to say, I’m really happy with the results. I’ve used most of the items already and am looking forward to the June Ipsy Glam Bag next month. Here are my thoughts on which I used, haven’t tried yet, loved, and didn’t:
1. Eva-NYC Deep Conditioner – I really love all of Eva-NYC products’ packaging. Great fonts, great colors, cute bottles. Of course that’s not enough to make me buy something. I’m glad to have a small sample to see if all the cute packaging equals a good product. I have to be honest, I haven’t yet dipped into this deep conditioner. I was finishing off my last bits of my very favorite Macadamia Oil Deep Repair Mask. I doubt anything can best it, but I’ll update my Eva-NYC review as soon as I use it.
2. Ipsy Glam Bag – This bag is a pretty cute little linen bag. Nothing special, but I do like the style. I like the idea of having a new bag every month because I like to rotate my old ones to Salvation Army. I’m sure there is a beauty junkie hunting around Salvation Army looking for cute little things like that.
3. MEE Beauty Bee Nourished Night Cream – I have not used this product and will be giving it away. I wish Ipsy allowed me to completely avoid all face creams. I am pretty allergic to many face products, so that would be a nice option.
4. Revlon Colorburst matte balm – I was initially skeptical about a Revlon product in such a specialty bag, but I have to say, I love this balm! The color is bright, cheery, and right on trend. It sticks around well too. I’ve been using it as a base for layering lipsticks, and it brightens up some of my duller fall and winter colors.
5. Pacifica Mineral Eye Duo – I’ve been anxious to try some Pacifica makeup products since Target started carrying them and was excited to see one of their shadows in this bag. I liked this eye duo but wasn’t overly enthusiastic about it. The colors are cute, but not very versatile. The shimmer is very pretty and gives a lot more of a shimmery/glittery finish than a pearlized finish. I like having a bright white and a deep purple in my eye shadow collection though, so I will be using this in the future.
6. Hang Ten sunscreen – I seem to remember Hang Ten being a cute clothing brand in the 80s, so I was surprised to see it was still hanging around. They now have only sunscreen and other sun products instead of clothing or accessories. This is a good basic sunscreen and I can’t have enough trial size sunscreens. I throw them in my car and in all my bags. My husband ended up snatching this one up for a tattoo sunscreen on the go.
There you have it! This is just a quick review. I’ll post another review when I get my June bag. Until then, take care!
Which subscription boxes do you like? Did you get the Ipsy May 2014 Glam Bag? What did you think?
For more tips, tricks, links, and advice, head over to my Pinterest board!