What’s In My Bag?
What’s in My Bag?
Once again, we have a giant snowstorm and I’m able to take some time off from errands and work to say hello readers! For something fun, I thought I might show you what’s in my bag. I think having a pared down bag really helps keep me organized when I’m away from home. My brother in law once said I had a “Go Go Gadget Bag” because anytime he needed anything, be it a button, bandaid, or rubber band, I had it on me. Even though I think my bag is really well stocked, I don’t think it’s overstuffed or that anything is hard to find inside.
Here’s what I have packed away in my bag and what I can’t live without:
1) Orla Kiely Linear Stem Handbag – I got this bag from Amazon with some Christmas money. It’s only my second Orla Kiely bag since 2009. I’m getting to the point where I won’t buy any other brand! They look cute and the styles I have are coated fabric so they’re waterproof. They also have a few pockets inside and, my favorite feature, an elastic key keeper so I never have to shuffle around to find my keys. They can be pricey if you can’t find them on sale, but I really think they’re worth it.
2) mop Glisten Shine Drops – I mentioned mop (modern organic products) hair products in my Friday Five: Favorite Natural Beauty Products post and this is one I have to order a few at a time just in case I run out. It’s a lightweight anti-frizz serum that’s better than any other one I’ve used. When I want to wear my hair wavy, I put about a quarter sized amount in wet hair, twist in ringlets, and let dry. When I do a blow out, I run some through my fingers and then apply to the ends to get a little definition after it’s dry. It also has a light citrus smell that I love.
3) Altoids smalls container – I manage to stuff a lot into this tiny Altoids container: hair ties, bobby pins, Advil, and mints.
4) EOS Pomegranate Raspberry balm – I have one of these in nearly every room in my house. They’re cute, organic, natural, paraben free, vegan, cruelty-free, petrolatum free, and come in all kinds of colors and delicious flavors.
5) Kashi Cherry Dark Chocolate Chewy Granola – This is the compromise granola bar in our household. I need chocolate in my granola bars and this one is healthier than the S’mores ones I would probably eat every day if I could.
6) DenTek Flossers – I love how tiny and lightweight these are! Perfect for stashing in my bag.
7) Clinique Gift Bag – This is from a very old holiday gift promotion. I’ve tied and retied and rethreaded the strings on it and hand wash it on a pretty regular basis. It’s cute and it works well. Why mess with perfection?
8) Victoria’s Secret compact mirror – I had a Victoria’s Secret $10 off coupon and bought this. Nothing else. Just this. And I walked away with my head held high instead of cringing that I hadn’t loaded up on a million other things I wanted that day.
9) e.l.f. Shine Eraser blotting papers – I always stock up on these because they are only a dollar! They work just as well as the nicer ones and are fragrance-free. They have green tea extract in them and are cruelty-free.
10) Marimekko Pensku pouch – This was a gift from my husband when coming home from a business trip in Finland (the home of Marimekko). I love it! It’s the perfect size for combs, pens, my Epi-Pen, you name it.
11) Conair travel comb – I have an unhealthy obsession with those “Unbreakable” combs they used to give out with school pictures. From time to time, I’ll find one in a hotel vanity set, but my last one is missing. This comb will have to do in the meantime.
12) Hotel sewing kit – I always snag these when I travel. They are so compact and have everything you need for quick repairs.
13) Kimpton Hotel pen – I like to stash hotel pens in my bag because they remind me of fun trips I’ve taken
14) Epi-pen – Two words: bee allergy
15) Pepper spray – Mace and Pepper Spray now come in cute colors and styles. I have to remind myself to remove this from my bag when I fly, but otherwise I have it in the main compartment of my bag so I don’t have to search around for it when I’m coming home from class at night.
16) Kleenex Slim Pack “Kismit” – These new kleenex packs are adorable. When I downsize to a teeny tiny crossbody in the summer, I just cut these packs in half where they fold over. It keeps my kleenex tidy and doesn’t take up a lot of space.
17) Chanel Rouge Coco Shine “Flirt” – This is a really pretty apricot color. I love the texture and the scent too. My lipstick on my vanity is just from run of the mill brands. I like saving a nice brand for my handbag.
18) Uniball Signo Gel 207 Pink Ribbon – My brother bought me a few of these pens with a journal as a gift when I started grad school. I now can’t live without them! Every once in awhile I find them on clearance and then stock up. They’re cute, write well, and (most importantly) don’t leak.
19) Greenroom Planner – Target has the cutest eco-friendly and recycled stationery supplies. Greenroom is my favorite brand. They have so many different planners and calendars. I also love their composition notebooks as journals. Most of the products are only in stores, so it’s fun to look at each Target and see what different items I can find. I’ve recently gone from an electronic agenda to a paper one, and I have to say, I like it much better! Granted, if I don’t have my paper planner on me, I can’t figure out when I’m free (unlike on my phone), but I feel like I don’t hit as many techie hitches with this old standby.
20) Ted Baker Small Heart Wallet – I only buy a wallet once every four years or so. When I do, I make an investment, and I look high and low to find a one-of-a-kind wallet that makes me happy just looking at it. I found this Ted Baker wallet on a trip to Chicago for my cousin’s birthday last summer. I had food poisoning that weekend, so this is a reminder that I did manage to eke out some fun there!
Well, there you have it! That’s “what’s in my bag.”