look great with less!
With the economy how it stands and our busy lives, it’s hard to feel glamorous and pretty, but keep it on the simple and cheap. By all means, if you have the time, budget and energy, please feel free to go all out. Every girl wants to look and feel pretty. Sometimes I make the time on “date nights” to look a little better than day to day. Some days, it’s about all I can do to put on a baseball cap. Luckily, I have some cute ones… Here are some tips for when the baseball cap is your easiest and cheapest choice!
1) Blowdry just the front of your hair – I have bangs now and everything looks so much more finished if I just blowdry them and leave the rest curly or put it in a rubber band. If you hair isn’t overly greasy, you can always just wash the front portion of your hair and dry that.
2) Shave… everything – sometimes it’s a great treat to get waxed on occasion, but it’s expensive and takes awhile to make the appointment, go in, get waxed… If you just rely on an inexpensive disposable razor and some good shaving cream, you’re all set.
3) Pick your favorite feature and highlight it. I love playing with eye makeup, so I put a little more time and energy there. If it’s your lips, it’s worth a little lipstick or gloss in the morning.
4) Make a 5 piece makeup kit for a quick exit out the door – blush, powder, mascara, gloss and tweezers (for a sculpted eyebrow that makes you look like you have a polished look regardless of how much makeup you’re wearing). I can get away with a lot with these simple tools. And it takes only minutes. E.L.F., Wet n’ Wild, Avon and a few other brands make cute cosmetics for a really great price. Take advantage of steals!
5) Spray-on, leave-in conditioner and a wide tooth comb – if you’re like me and are always running out the door with wet hair, a little spritz with leave-in conditioner and a comb through are great. I love Pantene’s Leave-in Detangler.
Now, for FREE beauty advice on the go… think natural:
* Eat low-sugar items. A high sugar diet can ruin your skin.
* Drink lots of water to make your skin glow.
* Take off your makeup at night and keep your pillow covers clean.
* Put a cool, damp washcloth over your eyes if you’re prone to dark circles.
* Use a homemade scrub on your face to wake up your skin: mix 2-3 teaspoons raw oats (not the pre-cooked kind), with a dab of honey and 1/4 teaspoon of cider vinegar until it forms a paste. Add more honey as needed. Add 1 drop of essential oil if desired. Tea tree is good for problem complexions. I happen to like violet because it matches my perfume! Apply the mixture to your face and rub in gentle, circular motions. Leave on your face for 5-10 minutes and then wash with plenty of warm water.
With these simple tips, you can start giving yourself a little more time in the morning and maybe saving yourself a little cash too! Check on other sites as well for “budget beauty tips” or “natural” or “home-made” skincare for more ideas.